Saturday, August 6, 2011

The missing images...

When I made my gaming board for work, I took several pictures. Sadly, I made the mistake of uploading them to Facebook, and deleting the originals. Later on, I might try to salvage them for this project. Although, I'm more inclined to just build another board (with accompanying table) for the casa.

That being said, here are a few images of the board I built for work. The terrain was made by a friend from the office who also plays Warmachine.

This is the board all her glory. It's a 2' x 4' piece of MDF (medium-density fibreboard). It's a half-inch thick, and I had it cut into two pieces. The pieces are hinged together with the original idea being that it would fold for easy transport. Sadly, when it comes to hinges you get what you pay for, and I paid cheap. The hinges cannot take the constant bending, as well as the MDF itself. So, it stays in the office.

This is a close-up picture of the board, and the terrain that Jon built. The picture doesn't do the terrain justice. It looks very good. For the board, I coated one side with dark brown paint. I then spread a layer of sandbox sand over it, and tapped off the excess. Once that dried, I put a coat of tan paint on it. Unfortunately, in the bright sun, you can see a few brush strokes. For my next board, I will probably use a similar method, but finish up with a can of brown spray paint.

As you can see, it's not a very large board. As such, it can easily hold a 15 point game of Warmachine. Perhaps 25, if you were 'jack-heavy.

More terrain...

Overall, I enjoyed making the table. It was a tremendous learning experience. I will soon be embarking on my quest to build a gaming table for my garage. However, the accompanying table will be much larger.

No comments:

Post a Comment