Friday, August 24, 2012

Scoping out a bombshell...

Privateer Press released two "Convention Exclusive" models in time for Gen Con this year. However, they also released them on the Privateer Press store. I think this was a good move, since not everyone has the ability to attend every convention annually. Both models look really good, but as a loyal supporter of Khador, the Bombardier Bombshell is particularly special. I knew a few people who ere going to Gen Con, and thought about having them pick one up for me, but it didn't work out. I assumed Privateer Press would be back-ordered on their store, so I opted to not order one.

Luckily, my friend Steve had my back. I received the Bombshell in the mail last night. Let's take a look at it...


The mysterious, unopened package.


Surprise!


Thank you, Steve. You are indeed a good friend as well. Now we just need you to join the hallowed ranks of the Khadoran elite.


The most important piece of this mini.


A chainblade, just waiting for some action.


Another type of "action."


The rest of the pieces, including a frosty mug of ale.

The detail on this model is great. Plus, it can be used in tournaments. I'm not sure if I want to paint it myself, or commission the work to someone. It is definitely a model that I want to display, so I may end up hiring someone to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment